.::Inner Self, inner thoughts::.

Monday, June 19, 2006

June 9-12

Unfortunate chain of events happened over this particular weekend. I had a bursh near death, someone else died and my heart died for hope.

I was at Malacca for a retreat for church camp and Hotel Equatorial Melaka. As most of the girls in my cell group had one reason or another, they did not go for the camp. My mentor did but she was engaged with her new-born and husband most of the times. I was pretty much alone. On a spur of moment, I wanted to go for a quiet swim during lunch. The passenger lifts were crowded with people so I opt for the cargo lifts. For your information, we used the cargo lifts pretty often because the passenger lifts were simply insufficient for the guests.

Just as the lifts door opened, the lights were flickering in the lift. I decided to still use the lifts because I am not afraid of the dark. The lift door refused to close and just when the lifts' lights started to go off, the doors started closing. I panicked and decided to make a dashto the door. This is just when the doors started to close on me. My hand was trapped. My heart sank. There was no wayto pull my hand out and there was also no sensor to cause the doors to open. I could not see the alarm in the dark and blood frommy hand started to impede to my fingers. I dropped the things held on the other hand and dropped myself to the floor. I had to do what every period drama have. I shouted for help. Thank goodness there was a housekeeper who hear me and before I knew it, I was out. I scrambled out and was in a total shock. Thank God for sending someone to hear me. If not, my hand would be amputated if the whole process was more than 10 minutes.

When I was travelling back. I received news that my uncled passed away on Sunday. We were told before that he still have 3 months to live. I cannot believe the sudden news. The thought of - he still had 3 mths was not as urgent. I could have visit him one more time....

Seemed that we need news to neutralise. After much wait, we were finally declared on the bonus received. 3.5months in total. I hope for more, I am disappointed =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home