.::Inner Self, inner thoughts::.

Monday, October 09, 2006

English Phonics

In my last few entries, I wrote about equipping lessons for Missions Trip. One of the topic that we touched on is English Phonics. To me, that is by far the most interesting lessons that I have attended in the module. So much so that I have already decided that I would sign my kid up (when I have one) for those lessons.

We learnt about the roots of English (which is Germanic, who can guess?), the truth of Queen's English, phonics that can get us to pronounce every single word in the Dictiornary.

Flour has the same phonics as Flower. So hey, our teachers have been teaching us wrongly all these while. We learnt several French words: Coiffure, Houte Coulture. Right pronunciation of "Colleagues", "Medicine", "Wednesday", etc.... (:

Articulation somebody?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home