Bus Ride
I am not a morning person. I do not enjoy mindless chatter in the morning. I will trot my way to the bus stop with eyes half open, finds seats at the busstop and stare blankly for the bus to arrive.
I hate it when someone took my "favourite" seat. It is my usual seat where I can prop my leggs at the best position and sleep easily throughout the ride without much disturbance. I will know which side will not get the sun glaring at my face, the aircon will not be blasting or feeling hot at the lack of the blowers, the location is also perfect if I overslept and I need not work my morning muscles to climb steps to the second level to find seats. Yes, you have guessed it. My favourite seat is the GREEN seats. Seats reserved for the elderly & needy. I know it is bad but I love the seat. Except where some really needy people who breathe noisly at their seats, poke me with their countless bags. Perhaps the needy gave me dirty looks when their favourite seats were taken but my eyes were close to be even observing such treatments. The downside of my favourite seat is when the bus driver decides that the Mobile TV needs to be blasted with CNA morning news and when a couple of aunties that will yak after they have gone to the market. They will chat about which stall gives the fresh vegetables, nice fishmonger and some gossips about their niece and daughters. Strangely, I could at times sleep through the conversations but some of the times i would be so irritated. However, since I got the prime seat first, I am not going to cave in to their little tricks.
But I do not get my favourite seats all the time. When the aunties beat me into it, I will have to plonk myself to the rear end of the bus. This is especiallygood when when I can hear CNA going on and on. The second option seat is not too bad. However, it is susceptible to high school ah bengs speaking to each other in the morning and more litter around the premises.
I admit i am not a morning person. I can even be rather touchy at times. Even when I see familiar faces, my attempts to make a conversation or greetings are so feeble. Some of the times, I would want to even dodge them. I know this is not the usual me that you see in the day. But this is the moment that i can have time to myself. Leaving my mind in blank, preparing to bulldoze the day with whatever ammunation that I have.....
This is my bus rides to work every day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home