.::Inner Self, inner thoughts::.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Atas Atas

I am living on a high life. Or so I thought when i was a stand-in for an invite for my Group GM. I was at the Musica da Camera (a chamber soiree at the old parliament) appreciating T'ang Quartet in Concert & fine 4 course western cuisine. I am pleasantly surprise how much i appreciate the fine-tone and astounding performance. Who would have thought that I could sit through more than an hour hearing strings pulled the whole night? No words, no drums, no bass, no vibrant movement. Just 4 men pulling strings with expressive facial performance and occassional head bobbing. The chords struck something in your heart and your emotions swing together with it. Light hearted tempo and quick switch in pitch added zest in the performance. Gone are my impression that classical music are for the fuddy-duddies.

The evening started with us being ushered to the mezzanine level and having a course Western meal with Art Museum. The fine fusion cusine is accompanies by some banker who told me how tone deaf he is and continued with his sharing on some business talk. *Hmmm* That proper deposition thankfully did not last more than an hour and we were then ushered into the chambers to appreciate the music.

The Old parliament is very quaint and kudos to those that had an eye for such architect. The better night was spent appreciating music before the night come to an end.

Suddenly i felt a notch above. I am upgraded to the chi-chi lifesytle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home